The former Wesleyan Methodist Church and later United Church, until its closure in 1965, is located on Fallbrook Road and was built in 1860 by Lt. Playfair and his son ‘Big’ John Playfair in Georgian-style with a rectangular hall, gabled roof, board and batten wood exterior and metal roof. 1 The church is now privately owned by descendants of John Playfair, brother of Lt. Playfair.
For more information on the Playfair Historic Church, please see the Ontario Heritage Trust’s website.
- “Ontario’s Places of Worship.” Ontario Heritage Trust. Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport. Accessed June 23, 2016. http://www.heritagetrust.on.ca/Ontario-s-Places-of-Worship/Inventory/Search-results-details.aspx?ItemID=7120. ↩